Summer has officially arrived! The sun is out, school is out and the rain is (mostly) gone. I don’t know about you, but the thought of two full months of sunshine puts a big smile on my face.
Summers are a great for vacations and outdoor activities. (After all, in the Pacific Northwest, we have to take advantage of the sun while we have it!) If your summer is anything like mine, my summer schedule is nearly full before it even gets started.
While some good quality fun time is a part of a spiritually healthy life, we must remember that so too is serving others. Loving our neighbor is an all season responsibility. So, before your summer schedule completely fills up, leave some space to be the love of Jesus locally, intentionally, spontaneously, and tangibly.
Here are some ideas to consider…
- Host a neighborhood BBQ, and learn more about your neighbors and the needs of the neighborhood.
- Offer to babysit for a parent who could use a few “kid-free” hours with friends, their spouse, or maybe just by themselves.
- Volunteer at the food bank at Families Unlimited Network.
- Volunteer to serve at REACH Ministries Labor Day Camp.
- Become a REACH mentor to a child living with or affected by HIV/AIDS.
Wishing you a spiritually healthy summer,